Scheduled Vacancies for Boards, Commissions and Committees
The City of Newport Beach (City) is currently accepting applications to fill the following upcoming vacancies (all terms are for four-years, expiring on June 30, 2022):
• Board of Library Trustees (one seat)
• Building and Fire Board of Appeals (two seats)
• City Arts Commission (one seat)
• Civil Service Board (one seat)
• Harbor Commission (three seats)
• Parks, Beaches & Recreation Commission (two seats)
• Planning Commission (one seat)
All seats will become vacant when the existing terms expire on June 30, 2018.
All applicants must be qualified electors of the City, none of whom shall hold any paid office or employment in City government (Section 702 of the City Charter).
The deadline for filing applications is noon on Wednesday, May 9, 2018. The application and additional information about the Boards and Commissions can be found at newportbeachca.gov/vacancy or obtained from the City Clerk's Office, 100 Civic Center Drive (Bay E, 2nd Floor) or by calling 949-644-3005. The application and information about the Boards and Commissions can also be accessed through the City’s website at newportbeachca.gov/bcc.
For more information, contact the City Clerk's Office at 949-644-3005.