Applications, Permits and Forms


Adult Oriented Business Permit -  No adult-oriented business shall be permitted to operate, engage in, conduct or carry on business within the City unless the owner first obtains both an adult oriented business permit and a business license from the Revenue Division. Every person operating an adult-oriented business shall pay the permit and business license fee as established by the City.  Adult Oriented Business Permit Application

Escort Service Permit - No person shall operate an escort service within the City without first having obtained an escort service permit pursuant to Sections 5.90.020 and 5.90.025 of Chapter 5.90 and securing a business license from the Revenue Division. Fees required by this chapter shall be in addition to any required under any other chapter of this Code. Information regarding these fees may be obtained in the Revenue Division by calling 949-644-3141.  Escort Service Permit Application  Escort Employee Permit Application

Firearm Retail Sales Permit -  No person shall conduct, engage in or carry on business of selling, leasing, transferring, advertising, offering or exposing for sale, lease or transfer of firearms unless he or she has obtained a license from the City pursuant to California Penal Code Section 12071 and has paid the required licensing fee. Firearm Retail Sales Permit Application

Live Entertainment & Dance Permit - No person shall operate, or engage in any business or commercial enterprise which provides entertainment in a restaurant, cafe, nightclub, bar, coffee house or other place of entertainment unless such person has first obtained a permit from the City. No person shall conduct, allow or permit dancing on any premises under his management, ownership or control without first obtaining a permit from the City.  Live Entertainment Permit Application  Cafe Dance Permit Application

Second Hand Dealer Permit - No person shall engage in the business of pawnbroker, junk dealer, junk collector or second-hand dealer without first applying for and receiving a permit from the City. This permit may be obtained in the Revenue Division and is subject to investigation before approval by the City Manager.  Second Hand Dealer Permit Application

Short-Term Lodging Application - All persons renting a residential unit for a term of 30 days or less are required to apply for and obtain a Short-Term Lodging Permit. A City Business License and Permit processing fee is required for the business of renting a short-term dwelling. For more information about the Short-Term Lodging Permit requirement, please refer to Municipal Code Chapter 5.95 or contact the Revenue Division at (949) 644-3141. STLP Application

Special Event Permit - Planning to host a special event in the City of Newport Beach?  Your first step should be to call the Recreation Department at 949-644-3151 for information and to determine is a Special Event Permit is required. Special Event Temporary Business Tax Application  Special Event Roster

Sound Amplifying Equipment Permit - Every user of sound amplifying equipment or sound truck on public or private property shall file an application with the Revenue Division at least ten (10) days prior to the date on which the sound amplifying equipment is to be used, pursuant to Newport Beach Municipal Code 10.32. Sound amplifying equipment or sound truck shall not be used between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m.  See Municipal Code 10.32 for regulations and exceptions.  A Sound Amplification Permit application can be downloaded here on the City website or can be obtained from the Revenue Division.  Sound Amplifying Equipment Permit Application

Taxi Permit - No person shall operate a taxicab in the City unless the vehicle has a taxicab vehicle permit. No owner shall allow a taxicab owned by them to operate in the City without a permit. Applications for a taxicab vehicle permit or business permit can be obtained at the Orange County Transportation Authority.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer