To encourage the public awareness of the Sculpture Exhibition in Civic Center Park, the City Arts Commission is sponsoring a photography contest. Visitors to the Sculpture Exhibition in Civic Center Park are encouraged to submit photographs of the works on display, and/or photographs depicting interaction with the sculptures
When to Enter:
Entries will be accepted from February 1, 2018 through April 15, 2018. By submitting an Entry Form, each contestant agrees to the rules of the contest as outlined below.
Who May Enter:
The contest is open to all, professional and amateur, regardless of age, gender or nationality. Entrants under 18 years of age require the permission of a parent or guardian. By entering the contest, entrants under 18 years of age indicate that they have obtained the permission of a parent or guardian.
What to Enter:
All photo submissions must include one or more of the sculptures in Civic Center Park, 100 Civic Center Drive, Newport Beach. Interaction with the sculptures is encouraged, however photos cannot depict any climbing, hanging, modification or physical abuse of the sculptures. The "bunnies" in the park are not considered sculptures.
- Entry is limited to original works for which the entrant holds all applicable rights.
- The limit for submitted works is 10 photos per contestant.
- Entries must be submitted in digital format. Submissions by mail will not be accepted.
- Image data files can be created with any digital device including smartphones, tablets, and digital still cameras (including medium and large-format cameras)
- Images that have been retouched using software or by other means will be accepted. Retouched photography using a camera app or photo-editing app is also accepted.
- Both color and monochrome images will be accepted.
- File size: up to 10 MB of image data per work.
- File format: A JPEG with minimum of 150 dpi is recommended for submission, but winners may be requested to provide a higher resolution image (300 dpi) for publication or display purposes related to the contest.
- The standard color space for the judging process is RGB.
How to Enter:
Enter the contest by submitting Entry Form and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Photo Contest”. Form and photo must be sent as an attachment to email. Cultural Arts will accept submissions from Thursday, February 1, 2018 through Sunday, April 15, 2018. Mailed submissions will not be accepted.
Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, and originality.
Winners will be announced by the City Arts Commission and displayed on the www.newportbeachca.gov/culturalarts website in June 2018.
Winners will be notified via the contact information provided at the time of entry; entries may be disqualified if entrant fails to respond to the notification within five business days. Please do not contact us about the status of entries or judging.
Grand Prize, Runner Up and Honorable Mention will be awarded. Prizes include gift certificates to local restaurants and retail establishments. Thank you to Modo Mio Rustic Italian Kitchen, Bluewater Grill, and Bistango restaurants!
Conditions of Entry:
- The City Arts Commission reserves the right to reject any submission for display on City websites.
- Entrants are responsible for the resolution of any legal issues arising from their works and agree to pay any costs thereby incurred.
- The City Arts Commission reserves the right to disallow entries that depict brand logos or other intellectual property, whether on signs or posters or in other forms, or that in its judgment are harmful to the public order, violate standards of decency or are contrary to the goals of the contest.
- Entrants must hold all applicable rights to the final image, including any retouching or other image processing.
- Entries are only accepted through the email@example.com.
- The City Arts Commission does not accept liability for damages or other harm suffered by entrants as a result of their participation in the contest.
- Entrants are required to obtain the prior permission and consent of the persons who are portrayed in their works or who hold the copyright or other intellectual property rights to the works or the items portrayed therein.
- Entrants agree to fully indemnify the City Arts Commission and accept all responsibility for any third-party complaints or objections concerning copyright or other intellectual property rights infringement or damages arising from the works submitted.
- Although entrants retain the copyright and other equivalent rights to their entries, the organizer reserves the right to publish entries to its public social networking service accounts throughout the submission period in order to publicize the contest. Such publication does not guarantee an award of any kind.
- The organizer reserves the right to publish all entries onto websites and social networking service accounts related to the contest. Some entries may be cropped for publication.
- The City Arts Commission will display the names of the winners and the titles of the winning entries on City websites and public social networking service accounts.
- Use of personal Information: personal information provided by entrants may be used as required to notify winners of the results; provide entrants with information about the contest; correspond with entrants about their submissions; announce the winning entries; generate general contest statistics; send out questionnaires about the contest; and deliver prizes.