The Orange County Superior Court is seeking Orange County residents to serve on the next Grand Jury. A new 19-member Grand Jury will be empaneled for a one-year term that begins on July 1, 2016. Applicants must be at least 18 years old, a U.S. citizen, a resident of Orange County for at least one year, have sufficient knowledge of English, and possess sound judgment, good character, and a sense of fairness.
What does the Grand Jury Do?
- Investigates the performance of county, city, and other local agencies
- Analyzes data and writes reports with recommendations for improvement
- Verifies that local tax dollars are spent wisely
- Examines conditions at local jails
- Decides on indictments for some criminal cases
- Looks into citizen complaints about local government agencies
An application form and more information are available online at www.ocgrandjury.org or by calling 657-622-6747. Completed applications must be received by Friday, January 22, 2016.