Public Works is responsible for construction activity within the City's public rights-of-way. Permits are issued and inspected to ensure safety and quality are met for public safety.
- Encroachment Permits are issued for all types of construction in the public right-of-way and are different and separate from Building Permits.
- Temporary Street and Sidewalk Closure permits are issued for placing dumpsters, cranes, and / or reserving parking for your construction activities, or other temporary street closures.
- Construction within City property must have a state licensed contractor and an Encroachment Permit prior to performing any work.
- Fees charged for permits can be found on the Fee Schedule and are charged based on your scope of work.
- Construction Runoff Guidance Manual - understanding water quality requirements during construction [PDF]
General inquiries regarding Public Works permits: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949-644-3311.