Interested in Teaching at OASIS?
Thank you for your interest in becoming a contracted instructor at the OASIS Senior Center. Classes are offered at OASIS on Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., on Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
If you have a special skill or are knowledgeable about a subject and would like to share it with others, you can submit a proposal to teach a class, clinic, or workshop. Please take the time to review the latest OASIS Newsletter to make sure we are not already offering the same or similar class.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis; however, you can anticipate a start date within six months of approval of your proposal. Please note, facility space is limited and reserved for current classes.
Complete the Contract Class Proposal Form. Make sure to include a resume detailing your class experience, a sample class outline, and three references. You will be notified if we select your proposal.
Additional requirements if selected:
- Fingerprinting (at cost of instructor)
- City of Newport Beach business license (at cost of instructor and renewed yearly)
- Insurance/Endorsement naming the City of Newport Beach as additional insured (at cost of instructor)
- Proof of car insurance
- W9 Form
- Direct Deposit Form
Currently Seeking Instructors
Currently Not Accepting
History (Local, world, art, music, etc.)
Investment classes or businesses
Chair-based exercise classes
If you have further questions about your application or contract classes, contact:
- Health, Wellness and Fitness Programs - Leslie Hardy at email@example.com
- Enrichment Programs - Jennifer Sisoev at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Newport Beach does not permit volunteers to lead fitness or dance classes. Persons wishing to teach fitness or dance classes are required to become a contract instructor and carry their own personal liability insurance.
PresentersThe OASIS Senior Center
- Does not provide monetary compensation for presenters.
- Does not allow presenters to charge an entry fee.
- Does not schedule presentations on financial matters, retirement strategies, real estate, business endeavors or similar topics.
- Does not allow private/commercial businesses to market their company or services through their presentation. Two options for companies wishing to market their services are:
- Purchase advertising space in the OASIS Newsletter. Contact Nanette Bowman at 949-644-9055 or email@example.com for current rates and additional information.
- Rent a room at OASIS during the evening or weekend hours. Contact the OASIS Senior Center 949-644-3244 or visit our rental information web page.
For more information or to propose a presentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org