TEACHING A CLASS AT THE OASIS SENIOR CENTER
Thank you for your interest in becoming an instructor for the City of Newport Beach at the OASIS Senior Center. The OASIS is proud to offer a variety of classes for the community. Classes are offered at OASIS Monday through Thursday from 8:00am-8:00pm, Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm, and Saturday from 8:00am-4:00pm.
Health, Wellness and Fitness Programs - Leslie Hardy at email@example.com
Enrichment Programs - Jennifer Sisoev at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTRACT (PAID) INSTRUCTORS
A contract instructor is an independent contractor for the City of Newport Beach. Contract instructors are not employees. Contract instructors do not rent the City facilities, however a portion of the fees collected are retained by the City to cover facility usage, registration, administration and promotion of the class in the monthly OASIS newsletter and the Newport Navigator. More details about teaching as a contract instructor can be found on the contract class proposal form. Please return your completed class proposal to the OASIS Senior Center, 801 Narcissus Avenue, Corona del Mar, CA 92625. Applications should be submitted six to eight months prior to the desired season.
Note: The City of Newport Beach does not permit volunteers to lead fitness or dance classes. Persons wishing to teach fitness or dance classes are required to become a contract instructor and carry their own personal liability insurance.
OASIS Volunteer-led class proposal
Please note, the OASIS Senior Center
- Does not provide monetary compensation for presenters.
- Does not allow presenters to charge an entry fee.
- Does not allow private/commercial businesses to market their company or services through their presentation. Two options for companies wishing to market their services are:
- Purchase advertising space in the OASIS Newsletter. Please contact Nanette Bowman at (949) 644-9055 or email@example.com for current rates and additional information.
- Rent a room at OASIS during the evening or weekend hours. Contact the OASIS Senior Center (949)644-3244 or go to www.newportbeachca.gov/oasis and click on “Rentals.”
For more information or to propose a presentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org