Agendas and Minutes
Boards, Commissions and Committees
The City Council and most of the City's Boards, Commissions and Committees are subject to the Ralph M. Brown Act (Brown Act) - the law which guarantees the public's right to attend and participate in meetings.
Agendas, minutes, staff reports and information relative to the City's Boards, Commissions and Committees (BCC), are managed by various departments. To locate information about a City BCC, please view our complete BCC listing to contact the appropriate staff member.
Highlights of the Brown Act (video)
Access complete City Council meeting documents, resolutions and ordinances using the City's specialized application, Laserfiche. Please note, users may want to access the help feature built into this application for assistance to make use of its search and viewing capabilities.
- Council Meeting Packets, Approved Minutes and Video, if available
- Council Resolutions
- Council Ordinances
- Contracts and Agreements
- Contracts and Agreements Approved within the Past 30 Days
Agenda Management SoftwareCity staff uses an agenda management software and implements an electronic process for posting all City meeting agendas and public notices.
Here are some quick tips for users:
- All items are listed in order of meeting date, including agendas for the City Council, all boards, commissions and committees, and public notices.
- To view specific meeting bodies, choose the appropriate legislative body in the dropdown menu next to the "Search" line.
- Choose "Agenda" to open the agenda which includes links to the available staff reports and attachments.
- Choose "Meeting Details" if you would like to see individual items or to view the City Council packet in it's entirety under Attachments at the top of the page.
- "Meeting Location" provides users with the address for the meeting.
If you have any suggestions, ideas or complaints, please email the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Water Quality/Coastal Tidelands Committee
- Date: 03/13/2014 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Location: Newport Coast Conference Room - 2nd Floor - Bay E
100 Civic Center Drive
Newport Beach, California 92660
New Agenda Posting System
The City staff is using new “agenda management” software and has implemented a new electronic process for posting meeting agendas and notices. Online users will immediately notice that the agendas and minutes section of the City website looks quite different.
Here are some quick tips for users. All items are listed in order of meeting date, including agendas for the City Council, all boards, commissions and committees and public notices. The heading Meeting Type should help you identify the item (example - Regular City Council would be the agenda for that meeting date). Meeting Location should provide users with the address or location for the meeting. To the far right of the screen you will note a small icon that, when clicked, will open up the agenda (and all accompanying reports) or the public notice information.
Please bear with us while we work out the bugs with the new system and identify ways to make it more user friendly. If you have questions or need additional assistance navigating the new agenda system, please call the City Clerk’s Office at 949-644-3005.