About the Project
The City's Public Works Department, in conjunction with the Recreation and Senior Services Department, is in the process of developing a plan to remodel the playground area of Newport Island Park.
Proposed Remodel Options
There are two remodel options being proposed for this project:
- Option 1 - Replaces existing sand in the play area, reconstructs and slightly expands the rubberized surfacing, refurbishes the park's entry and seating areas, and upgrades the water fountain and landscaping.
- Option 2 - Removes all sand in the play area, replacing it with rubberized surfacing, refurbishes the park's entry and seating areas, and upgrades water fountain and landscaping.
Please return resident surveys to Public Works by March 29, 2019
The City would like the community's input on the proposed project. Please plan to attend the upcoming meeting to provide feedback and have your questions answered.
- The meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 5 p.m. at Newport Island Park, located at 3809 Marcus Avenue.
Parks, Beaches and Recreation Commission
Staff presented the proposed park improvement concepts to the Parks, Beaches, and Recreation Commission (PB&R) on February 5, 2019. The Commission requested staff conduct a survey and outreach to the community to gather input from residents regarding the proposed improvements.
Staff will return to PB&R on April 2, 2019 to review both park concepts.
- Community feedback letter
- PB&R meeting notice
- PB&R April 2, 2019 Staff Report
- City Council April 2, 2019 PowerPoint
- City Council Staff Report, Award of Contract
Public Works Department | 949-644-3311
Patrick Arciniega, public works senior civil engineer
949-644-3347 | firstname.lastname@example.org