COVID-19 Updates & City Response
The Recreation & Senior Services Department is continuing to provide programs and activities under current State and County safety guidelines. Please see the following updates as of March 23, 2021.
- SPRING Outdoor programs and classes are open.
- Indoor classes are opening in a phased approach. The website will be updated daily with activities as they reopen indoors.
- Park space and picnic shelter reservations will resume on April 3 with limitations.
- Active Kids and Marina Park Preschool are open.
- Outdoor Youth Sports are permitted under the current modifications.
- Parks, trails and sport courts are open.
- Lap Swim at MBAC is now open 7 days per week.
- Community Centers remain closed to the public, and open to registered class/program participants only.
- OASIS fitness center will open on March 29
- OASIS personal training, and outdoor classes are open.
- OASIS services, such as Meals on Wheels, Transportation, Social Services, etc. will remain active. For staff assistance, please call OASIS at 949-644-3244, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
City staff are available during regular business hours. Please call 949-644-3151 or email email@example.com with any questions. For questions regarding OASIS Senior Center, please call 949-644-3244.
Introducing Rec Recess
Once computers are off, it’s time to play on! Enrich your child’s daily learning with a recreation recess. We have a variety of safe classes from athletics, theater, and dance to language, science and water sports to keep your kids having fun all week long. Spaces are limited so sign up early. These programs have been designed to temporarily replace After Class Enrichment (aka ACE) programs at school sites until further notice.
All City of Newport Beach Recreation & Senior Service Department programs, including Rec Recess, will continue to adhere to these guidelines. We’re here to help your kids find safe ways to get outside by encouraging social distancing, hosting outdoor-only programs, avoiding shared equipment, and maintaining small groups (cohorts). Guidelines are subject to change along with updated recommendations from the State and County.