For the latest Newport Beach cases and trends, visit our COVID-19 Case Count Dashboard.
For the latest Countywide health information and COVID-19 cases, visit the Orange County Health Care Agency's webpage.
For national updates, information and resources, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
For more information regarding rumors vs. facts about COVID-19, visit the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)'s Rumor Control webpage.
For information regarding support and assistance for small businesses and employers, click here.
For information regarding support for workers, click here.
For weekly updates from the City Manager, click here.
Blank, an avid boater with deep roots in the local maritime community, joined Newport Beach May 3 as the new City Harbormaster.
05/04/2021 4:15 pm
The temporary fee waiver is designed to encourage additional development of new ADUs, and prompt homeowners to seek permits for existing ADUs that are currently unauthorized but meet City codes.
04/30/2021 9:10 am
The City is working with multiple federal, state and local agencies to identify the extent of a newly discovered invasive algae species in Newport Harbor and to develop an eradication plan.
04/23/2021 2:31 pm
By a unanimous vote of the City Council on Tuesday, March 23, Newport Beach will waive annual business license taxes for businesses within the City that were forced to close during the COVID-19 pandemic by order of the State.
03/24/2021 11:23 am
The City is encouraging residents to call 949-718-3443 for non-emergency complaints related to short-term rental housing
03/05/2021 12:03 pm
With the state stay-at-home order lifted and COVID-19 cases decreasing, Newport Beach City Hall will resume some services to the public on Monday, February 8, with social distancing measures in place, including mandatory face coverings. Many outdoor recreation programs will start to resume next week
02/03/2021 5:30 pm
Please read our latest update to learn about the actions the City is currently taking to address this very complex issue.
01/07/2021 12:30 pm
The Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in China and has now been detected globally. The virus has been named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes has been named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”).
The City of Newport Beach is working with federal, state, and local partners including the CDC, the OC Health Care Agency (OCHCA), and health care providers to prepare and appropriately care for people who may be at risk for illness associated with COVID-19 or who have tested positive for COVID-19. This is a rapidly changing situation, and we will share more as we are updated from our colleagues at the local, state and/or federal level.
- The Governor of California enacted an Executive Order for all individuals living in the State of California to stay home or at their place of residence except for essential needs
- It is imperative for everyone to practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet away from others when performing essential need activities outside of your homes.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you get sick with influenza, the CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to limit spreading the infection.
- For more information, please visit the following websites: