NOTICE OF VACANCIES
The City of Newport Beach is currently accepting applications to fill the following upcoming vacancies (all terms are for four-years, expiring June 30, 2021):
- Board of Library Trustees (one seat)
- Building and Fire Board of Appeals (two seats)
- City Arts Commission (three seats)
- Civil Service Board (one seat)
- Harbor Commission (one seat)
- Parks, Beaches & Recreation Commission (two seats)
- Planning Commission (two seats)
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at noon.
All seats will become vacant when the existing terms expire on June 30, 2017. All applicants must be qualified electors of the City, none of whom shall hold any paid office or employment in City government (Section 702 of the City Charter).
- Water Quality/Coastal Tidelands Committee - 1 seat (Applications will be accepted until vacancy is filled)
- Visit Newport Beach, Inc (VNB) Executive Committee - 1 seat (Applications will be accepted until vacancy is filled)
- Newport Coast Advisory Committee (Newport Coast Resident) - 1 seat (no application deadline)
- Corona del Mar BID - Board of Directors - 1 seat (no application deadline)
- Aviation Committee (term expires when sunsetted): 1 seat (District 6 Alternate Member - Applications will be accepted until vacancy is filled)
- Corona del Mar BID Advisory Board of Directors: 9 seats (nominated by the Cdm BID Board and appointed by the City Council - Application deadline is Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 4 p.m.)
An application can be obtained from the City Clerk's Office, 100 Civic Center Drive (Bay E, Second Floor), Newport Beach, 92660; or can be mailed, emailed, or faxed to you by calling 949-644-3005. Information about any of the City Boards, Commissions, and Committees can be accessed here.
For questions about serving on a City Board, Commission or Committee, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 949-644-3005.