- usgbc.org/ (LEED building certification)
- The Washington, D.C. based U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) is a 501 c3 non-profit organization committed to a prosperous and sustainable future for our nation through cost-efficient and energy-saving green buildings.
Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI)
- gbci.org/homepage.aspx (LEED professional credentialing)
- The Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) is a third-party organization that provides independent oversight of professional credentialing and project certification programs related to green building. GBCI is committed to ensuring precision in the design, development, and implementation of measurement processes for green building performance (through project certification) and green building practice (through professional credentials and certificates).
Established in 2008 to administer certifications and professional designations within the framework of the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED® Green Building Rating Systems™, GBCI continues to develop new programs and offer the marketplace validation that building certifications and professional designations have met specific, rigorous criteria.
Build It Green
- Build It Green is a membership supported non-profit organization whose mission is to promote healthy, energy- and resource-efficient homes in California. Established in 2003, it offers a comprehensive package of local government support, professional training, collaboration forums, consumer education, and green product marketing to a range of stakeholders.
National Association of Home Builders
- Many buildings and remodeling projects are going green with the help of NAHBGreen. The suite of services provides a comprehensive set of educational resources, advocacy tools, a credible green standard, and referrals to a national green home certification system by the NAHB Research Center, a qualified and independent third party. Collectively, these offerings help home builders anywhere build green.
- Green Advantage has a green building environmental certification program that brings consumers together with certified building practitioners who have proven knowledge about green building techniques and approaches.
- Whether you are a homeowner looking to remodel your home green or a building professional wanting to learn more about how to build green, this is the place for you. They been in the green building world for over 15 years and bring the best of what green really is and what are the best practices out there to accomplish your green aspirations.
Southern California Edison
- If you are thinking about buying an electric vehicle, there are a few things to consider before you drive it home:
- Is your home's electrical panel and wiring configured to enable you to charge the battery in your car?
- Will you need to obtain city permits for any electrical work?
- What is the best rate plan and what is the best time for you to charge your vehicle?
- To learn more call 1-800-4EV-INFO or follow the link above.
- Green Building is the practice of creating healthier, more resource-efficient models of construction, renovation, operation, maintenance, and demolition. Buildings and development have extensive effects on human health, natural resource use, and environmental quality. Buildings may also produce widespread air and water pollution, stormwater runoff, waste, and unhealthy indoor environments. Green building aims to reduce those impacts and transform buildings into a sustainable part of the landscape.
- FSC is an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit organization established to promote the responsible management of the world’s forests.
- ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
Department of Energy
- The Department of Energy's Solar Energy Technologies Program, managed by the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, accelerates the development of solar technologies as energy sources for the nation and world. The solar program also educates the public about the value of solar as a secure, reliable, and clean energy choice.
- The Green Building Resource Guide is a database of over 600 green building materials and products selected specifically for their usefulness to the design and building professions, rather than merely their green material content. A feature unique to this guide is the Price Index Number. You can order the Green Building Resource Guide in two forms: a reference manual or a CD-ROM database. The CD-ROM interface is easy to use and reflects the way an architect typically works. The Green Building Resource Guide is designed around four user interfaces familiar to architects: Site Plan, Elevation, Floor Plan, and Section. If you'd like to see more detail on how the Green Building Resource Guide works, click the images below.
- Sustainable design or building "green" is an opportunity to use our resources efficiently while creating healthier buildings. It provides cost savings to all Californians through improved human health and productivity, lower cost building operations, and resource efficiency--and it moves us closer to a sustainable future.
- Construction Green Book (CGB) is a well respected nationwide green building and green construction directory. CGB provides resources and information about all aspects of green building and construction, sustainable development and renewable energy. From the planning and design process, through construction and post-construction phases, this green building directory is a valuable resource aimed at helping consumers make greener building choices. The CGB green building directory includes information related to construction professionals, service providers, and building material suppliers that are dedicated to environmentally friendly building practices. Companies that offer green building products and services are invited to include a listing about their business in the CGB green building directory. The goal of Construction Green Book is to help build a greener tomorrow by focusing on environmentally responsible building today.
Alternative Energy Institute
- The Alternative Energy Institute (AEI) was formed in 1977 at West Texas State University, Texas, USA, as an outgrowth of wind energy research begun in 1970. AEI's primary emphasis has been placed on wind energy, though certain research and education are also on solar energy. Recognized both nationally and internationally, AEI is proud to be the major information resource of wind energy for the State of Texas.
Solar Energy International
- Solar Energy International was founded in 1991 as a non-profit educational organization. Through the years, we've seen trends and technologies come and go, but our mission remains the same today as it was when we began: to empower people around the world through the education of sustainable practices.
- Building Green is an independent company committed to providing accurate, unbiased, and timely information designed to help building-industry professionals and policy makers improve the environmental performance, and reduce the adverse impacts, of buildings. They offer both print and electronic resources to help you design and build construction projects from a whole-systems perspective and take an integrated design approach that minimizes ecological impact and maximizes economic performance.
- Earth Advantage is a nonprofit organization that works with the building industry to help implement sustainable building practices. Its mission is to create an immediate, practical and cost-effective path to sustainability and reduction of carbon in the built environment. The organization achieves its objectives through an innovative range of programs for industry professionals, including certification of high performance homes, remodels, sustainable communities and commercial spaces. These programs are supported by a top-rated education department, offering basic and advanced classes on building, marketing, and valuing green homes; and by a technical services team that provides a variety of onsite tests and energy audits. Earth Advantage Institute’s Carbon Advantage program offers consulting on carbon reduction strategies within the built environment.
- California is leading by example on energy efficiency and conservation, sustainability, green building and green purchasing practices throughout state government. Green California is your gateway to the latest information about how the state of California is working to reduce energy and resource consumption in state buildings, while lowering greenhouse gas emissions, and creating healthier environments in which to work, live and learn.
California State Parks Division of Boating and Waterways
- The California State Parks Division of Boating and Waterways provides education and outreach programs that promotes environmentally sound boating practices to marine business and boaters in California.
California Department of General Services
- This directory was developed by the California Department of General Services to promote greater public awareness about state government's commitment to designing, constructing and operating state-owned buildings that are energy-efficient and environmentally friendly.
California Energy Commission
- As the state's primary energy policy and planning agency, the California Energy Commission is committed to reducing energy costs and environmental impacts of energy use - such as greenhouse gas emissions - while ensuring a safe, resilient, and reliable supply of energy.
- Affordable Colleges' new guide, Turning Green Degrees Into Sustainable Careers is an expert-driven guide that provides environmentally-conscious students the resources they need to carry their green lifestyle choices throughout their education and into their careers. The green degree to career map shows students and professionals the extensive career paths available that positively impact our environment. In addition, the guide addresses the growth of sustainability in the workforce and job growth outlook for sustainable careers.
Green Restaurant Association
- The mission is to Create an Environmentally Sustainable Restaurant Industry. The Green Restaurant Association was founded in 1990. Since the beginning, the GRA has worked to provide convenient and cost-effective tools to help the restaurant industry reduce its harmful impact on the environment. The GRA founded the green restaurant movement and is one of the pioneering founders of the green business movement as well.
Marine Stewardship Council
- The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) is the world's leading certification and ecolabelling program for sustainable seafood. Look for the blue MSC ecolabel when shopping or dining out.
- Green Seal is a non-profit organization that uses science-based programs to empower consumers, purchasers and companies to create a more sustainable world.
- Global Green USA is the American affiliate of Green Cross International, founded by President Gorbachev to foster a global value shift toward a sustainable and secure future. For 20 years, Global Green USA has been a national leader in advancing smart solutions to climate change that improve lives and protect our planet.
- GreenBiz advances the opportunities at the intersection of business, technology and sustainability. Through its websites, events, peer-to-peer network and research, GreenBiz promotes the potential to drive transformation and accelerate progress — within companies, industries and in the very nature of business.
These resources are provided as a courtesy only and do not represents an endorsement by, or the views of, the City of Newport Beach or its officers and employees. Content is provided according to City Council Policy D-5 - Digital Communications.