Protect life, property, and the environment with innovative professionalism and organizational effectiveness using highly trained professionals committed to unparalleled service excellence.
The Newport Beach Fire Department will be engaged in the community and recognized for exemplary lifesaving services, fire protection, prevention and preparedness by investing in our employees and the people we serve as well as focusing on our five core values:
The mission and vision statement provide the framework for the Newport Beach Fire Department's goals and activities.The Department’s 144 full-time employees and over 200 part-time / seasonal employees provide 24-hour protection and response to the community's residents, businesses, and visitors.
- Identify and reduce fire and environmental hazards that may threaten life and property.
- Provide a safe, effective and expeditious response to requests for assistance.
- Develop an adequately trained work force to effectively perform their duties.
- Participate in the community development planning process to improve fire and life safety.
- Encourage department personnel to assume leadership roles in the organization.
- Plan for response to natural and man-made disasters that affect the community.
- Educate and train employees and the community to assist them in maintaining a safe environment.
- Contact Us
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Department Fact Sheet
- Fire Explorers Program
- Fire Medics Program
- Newport Ready Guide
- Plan Check Status
- Pulse Point App
- Social Media
- What's Happening in My Neighborhood Map (Calls for service displayed on an interactive map)
~ Safety, Service, Professionalism ~