It shall be the duty of the Water Quality/Coastal Tidelands Committee to:
- Advise and make recommendations to the City Council on policies, projects and programs that support and/or strengthen existing regulations to protect water quality and habitat in the bay and ocean;
- Advise and make recommendations to the City Council on policies, programs and projects that improve the water quality and habitat of Newport Bay and the ocean;
- Advise the City Council on implementation of the Tidelands Infrastructure Capital Plan in the following areas:
- Sea level rise as it affects ocean beaches.
- Ocean beach sand replenishment.
- Other capital projects affecting the ocean beaches and tidelands not covered by other committees;
- Advise and make recommendations to the City Council on policies, programs and projects that educate the watershed's population about the value of Newport Bay and the ocean; and
- Advise on any matter referred to the Water Quality/Coastal Tidelands Committee by the City Council or City Manager.
Frequency of Meetings:
The first Thursday each month, unless otherwise noticed.
| COMMITTEE MEMBER
| Council Member Joe Stapleton, Chair
| Council Member Brad Avery, Vice Chair
| Peter Belden
| Curtis Black
| Richard McNeil
| George Robertson
| John Wadsworth
Length of Term for Members:
The two non-voting Council Members shall serve a one-year term and the seven citizen members serve for a four-year term.
| John Kappeler
||Senior Civil Engineer
Staff allocates approximately 30 hours a month to this committee.