District 6 - Joy Brenner (2022)
Council Member Joy Brenner, 57 year resident, community leader and consensus builder moved to Corona del Mar when she was a freshman in high school. By her sophomore year at Newport Harbor High School she was serving in a leadership role and has continued throughout the years in the following organizations:
• NHHS Student Advisory Group for new CdMHS
• CdMHS Student Government
• Corona del Mar Civic Association Board Member
• Harbor View Parent Faculty Association Board
• Corona del Mar High School PTA
• Corona del Mar Residents Association (CdMRA) Co-Founder and current President
• Corona del Mar Chamber
• Friends of the Corona del Mar Library Co-Founder
• Parks, Beaches and Recreation Commission & Chair
Her most recent professional experience was in fund raising for the University of California, Irvine College of Medicine where she focused on community outreach. After building a successful VIP program for UCI School of Medicine, she was recruited by the Hoag Hospital Foundation to develop a similar program for their donors. Her last position at UCI, and one of which she is exceptionally proud, was in support of the Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine.
Having lived, served and raised her family in Newport Beach, she is driven to maintain our quality of life. Both daughters, Teresa Hlista and Liz Laubach, and their families, still live in the Newport Harbor area. All five grandchildren attend Newport-Mesa Unified schools as did their parents. Community service is a core value for her entire family!
Return to City Council Homepage