Seasonal Ocean Lifeguard:
The City of Newport Beach Lifeguard Division is seeking Seasonal Ocean Lifeguards candidates. Join our amazing team and have a rewarding and epic summer!
- The job posting is expected to open in early January.
- Applications are due in early February.
- Applicants must be 16 years old on or before March 1, 2020.
- No prior lifeguard experience required.
- Visit newportbeachca.gov/jobs to sign up for notifications and apply once the job has posted.
- Qualifying applicants will be invited to a tryout on Sunday, February 9.
- No wetsuits allowed. Goggles are optional.
- Tryout consists of a 1000-meter ocean swim and 1000-meter run-swim-run.
- Top finishers will be invited to an interview.
Train & Learn More:
JOIN US! Click the flyer below for more information and to RSVP to our info night.
The Newport Beach Lifeguards are hosting Information Nights for interested candidates. Attendees will learn about:
- Pre-tryout training opportunities
- The Basic Lifeguard Academy
- The post-academy hiring process
- And more!
- November 25
- January 6
- January 21
Time: 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Location: Benjamin M. Carlson Lifeguard Headquarters, 70 Newport Pier, Newport Beach, CA