April 7, 2015
The Parks, Beaches & Recreation (PB&R) Commission held a meeting to discuss the blackball regulations.
February 4, 2014
The Parks, Beaches & Recreation (PB&R) Commission held a meeting to discuss the blackball issue. During the meeting, the PB&R Commission voted to not make any changes to the current, existing blackball rules; however, the matter was returned to the working group for further review and to collect additional data. The working group will return to the PB&R Commission in the Fall of 2014 if there are any other recommendations to be considered.
October 21, 2013
The Blackball Working Group held a meeting in the Community Room at the Newport Beach Civic Center to receive information from the community on Blackball Surfing Regulations.
Current Standing Municipal Codes
- 11.16.010 Surfing Defined
- 11.16.020 Designation of Surfing Areas
- 11.16.030 Surfing Prohibited
- 11.16.040 Swimming Prohibited in Surfing Areas
- 11.16.050 Hazardous Surfing - Endangering Others
- 11.16.060 Order to Cease Surfing
- 11.16.070 Signal Flags
- 11.16.080 Surfboards on Private Property Prohibited
- 11.16.090 Surfing Clearance
Council Meetings & Resolutions
- Resolution 95-116 (1993) - Surfing Areas Defined
- City Council Meeting Minutes from October 09, 1995 (pages 15 -26)
- Resolution 93-33 (1993) - Surfing Designated Areas
- City Council Meeting Minutes from May 10, 1993 (pages 4-6)
- Resolution 89-10 (1989) - Rescinds Resolution 85-94
- City Council Meeting Minutes from March 13, 1989
- Resolution 85-94 (1985) - Rescinds Resolution 9451 (numbering shift)
- City Council Meeting Minutes from November 25, 1985
- Resolution 9451(1978) - Rescinds Resolution 9362
- City Council Meeting Minutes from October 14, 1978
- Resolution 9362 (1978) - Rescinds 8842
- City Council Meeting Minutes from June 12, 1978
Please email us with any questions, comments, and/or concerns.