The streets of Newport Beach carry thousands of motorists, bicyclists and pedestrians daily. All users have the same rights and responsibilities when using public streets.
As a part of the vision for improving our roads, the City embarked on the preparation of a sustainable city-wide Bicycle Master Plan. The purpose of this document is to guide the City by creating a comprehensive bicycle network, defining bicycle improvements, creating bicycle education and encouragement programs and identifying funding opportunities for future projects.
The City has adopted the three Es - Engineering, Education and Enforcement - and is working together with our residents and schools on the importance of safely using roadways, bike lanes, crosswalks and sidewalks for all users.
Bike Education Resources
- Bicycle Rider's Safety Contract
- Bicycle Safety: A Parent's Guide
- Sharing the Road: Same Roads, Same Rules, Same Rights
- High-Risk Bicycling Situations for Children
- Newport Beach Bicycle Trails Map
- Safety Guidelines for Bicyclist & Motorists
- California Driver Handbook - Scroll down the page to find information on:
- Sharing the Road (Sharrows)
- Traffic Lanes - Explains how drivers should treat bike lanes and bicycles in travel lanes