The drought is back and we need your input!
Please take this short survey to help guide our community's drought response.
Take the survey.
Per the City's Municipal Codes, as noted above, every water customer is required to comply with the following restrictions:
- Watering over 15 minutes per station for automated irrigation systems.
- Watering outdoor landscapes in a manner that causes runoff.
- Washing down hard surfaces including sidewalks and driveways.
- Not repairing water leaks or breaks quickly.
- Irrigating lawn, shrubs or ornamental landscape during or 48-hours after rainfall.
- Operating a fountain or decorative water feature, unless the water is part of a recirculating system.
- Washing a vehicle (including cars, trucks, boats, trailers and recreational) with a hose, unless the hose is fitted with a positive shut-off nozzle.
California Friendly Landscaping Resource
Explore beautiful, sustainable, climate-appropriate, drought-tolerant plants, trees, and grass that thrive in Orange County. Visit www.ocwatersmartgardens.com for garden inspiration and information. With a click of a button, add your favorite plants to a private list that you can print and take to your favorite nursery.
If you need more assistance in designing and installing your drought tolerant landscape, please contact the California Landscape Contractors Association.
It Pays to be Water Smart!
Understanding your Municipal Services Statement
The Revenue Division prepares your bi-monthly Municipal Services Statement for your water, sewer and recycling services. The City has enhanced the statement to promote efficient water use. Single-family residential customers will notice a new target usage indicator in the water use graph (Commercial and multi-family residential customers will roll out soon). In addition, we are providing information about the other portions of your statement. We hope you find this helpful.
Ways to Save
The City of Newport Beach welcomes invitations for speaking engagements to local community organizations and associations. To request a speaker, please call 949-644-3214 or email your request to schedule a presentation.