Assembly Bill (AB) 2188, which amends the California Solar Rights Act, requires that, on or before September 30, 2015, every city must adopt an ordinance that creates an expedited, streamlined permitting process for small residential rooftop solar energy systems. The purpose of the law is to further the State policy of promoting and encouraging the installation and use of solar energy systems by limiting obstacles to their use, and by minimizing the permitting costs of such systems.
On July 28, 2015 the Newport Beach City Council adopted Ordinance No 2015-23 amending Newport Beach Municipal Code Adding Chapter 15.18 regarding residential rooftop solar systems.
Below you will find all available documents to help you expedite the permitting of small residential rooftop solar systems:
- Eligibility Checklist for Expedited Solar Photovoltaic Permitting for One- and Two-Family Dwellings
- Submittal Requirements Solar Photovoltaic Permitting for One- and Two-Family Dwellings
- Solar PV Standard Plan - Simplified: Central/String Inverter Systems for One- and Two-Family Dwellings
- Solar PV Standard Plan - Simplified: Micro Inverter and ACM Systems for One- and Two-Family Dwellings
- Structural Criteria for Residential Rooftop Solar Energy Installations
- Photovoltaic (PV) Systems Standard Inspection Checklist
- Solar Permit Application
- Solar Contractor Declaration
- Credit Card Authorization Form
To apply for a Solar Voltaic Permit click here