Registration for winter activities and camps opens Thursday, November 21!
The Newport Navigator is the department's quarterly recreational guide to classes, camps and activities. Whether you’re interested in classes, surfing, sailing, camps, or pintsized programs, this guide has the perfect activity for you.
Become An Instructor
A Contract Instructor is an independent contractor for the City (Contract Instructors are not employees) who is interested in providing a service to the community in the form of a class, workshop or camp. All who are interested in becoming an instructor must complete the Contract Instructor Application and submit it to the City of Newport Beach Recreation and Senior Services Department for review.
Contract instructors do not rent the city facilities, however a portion of the fees collected are retained by the City to cover facility usage, registration, administration and promotion of the class in the Newport Navigator. All applications must be submitted six to eight months prior to the desired session (however, summer classes are reviewed in October). Thank you for your interest in becoming a Contract Instructor for the City of Newport Beach Recreation and Senior Services Department.
Current Contract Instructors
- Login Into Your ActiveNet Account
- Submit your class proposal (Accepting Spring 2020 through November 20, 2019)
- Submit your summer camp proposal (No longer accepting 2020 proposals. Contact your Coordinator for more information)
- Accident Report
- Cancelled, Refund & Transfer Activity Form
- Direct Deposit Change Form
- Emergency Forms
- Exhibit A
- Going Home Slip
- Incident Report
- Instructor Handbook 2019-2020
- Late Log
- Parental Consent Form-Background Check
- RSS Camp Manager Instructor Guidelines (proposal app instructions for camps only)
- RSS Class Manager Instructor Guidelines (proposal app instructions)
- Subcontractor Fingerprint Procedures
2020 Navigator Production Timeline (*dates are subject to change as needed)
Camp Newport 2020
3/5 (early bird ends 5/4)