****THE 2022 NEWPORT BEACH ART EXHIBITION HAS BEEN POSTPONED.****
After close consultation with the Newport Beach Art Exhibition Ad Hoc Subcommittee and Cultural Arts staff, the City Arts Commission has made the difficult decision to postpone the Newport Beach Arts Exhibition, originally scheduled for Saturday, May 14, 2022. Cultural Arts staff will be working with the City Arts Commission to finalize the details and will share more information about our plans in the coming weeks.
The 56th Annual Newport Beach Art Exhibition presents an opportunity for artists to show and sell their artwork to the public in a one-day exhibit.
The annual exhibition features recently created original artwork in various mediums, including oils and acrylics, watercolor, charcoal, pen and ink, sculpture, photography and mixed media. The event is postponed (new date to be announced) and will be held at the Newport Beach Civic Center.
NEWPORT BEACH ART EXHIBITION
Newport Beach Civic Center Community Room and Civic Green
100 Civic Center Drive, Newport Beach
Artist's Delivery of Artwork
Date to be announced: 3:00-6:00 p.m.
Date to be announced: 8:30-10:00 a.m.
Art Exhibit and Sale
Date to be announced: 12:00-6:00 p.m.
(Exhibition Hall opens at 1 p.m.)
Awards Reception: Date to be announced: 4:30 p.m.
Paintings (Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor): 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
Drawings (Ink, Pencil, Charcoal): 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
3D Art (includes sculpture and 3D mixed media): 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
Photography: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
Juror's Choice: $200, People's Choice: $100
Artist's Artwork Retrieval
Date to be announced: 6:00 p.m.
Artists must retrieve artwork promptly at show closing.
~ No early removal; no exceptions ~
The Annual Newport Beach Art Exhibition presents an opportunity for artists to show and sell their artwork to the public in a one-day exhibit.
- The exhibition is open to accomplished artists 18 years of age and older.
- Exhibition is limited to two (2) works of art per artist. Registration is required and will be limited as space permits. Photos of entries must accompany application.
- Entry fees: $50 for two entries. $35 for one entry. No refunds once artwork has been accepted.*
- Deadline for entries will be (date to be announced) or at Art Exhibition capacity as determined by the City Arts Commission.
- Original artwork only! Please do not submit works done in school, under instructor supervision or copied from published photos, artist reproductions or Giclée. Photography must be signed and numbered.
- Substitutions cannot be made on accepted art. If a work of art is no longer available on the Exhibition date, an alternate work of art may be accepted for display purposes only, at the discretion of the NBAE Committee, but will not be eligible for competition.
- Works must have been created within the last two years.
- All two-dimensional artwork must be framed.
- Two-dimensional artwork size limit: 36” x 48” (dimensions do not include frame).
- Artist must provide a sturdy standup easel for artwork with any dimensions larger than 24”.*
- Three-dimensional size limit: only works 150 lbs. or less will be accepted.
- Artist must provide pedestal for three-dimensional artwork.
- Delivery and retrieval of all artwork must be done in person – or by a designated representative - on the assigned day and time. NBAE can neither accept nor return any shipped artwork.
- NO EARLY REMOVAL OF ARTWORK. All works of art must be available until 6 p.m. the day of the event, no exceptions.
- Regarding diptych or triptych artwork: Overall dimensions of the combined artwork must not exceed the size limit of 36” x 48”. Each canvas cannot be entered or sold as separate artwork at the exhibition, but rather, must be sold in its entirety as one piece. Diptych or triptych art will be eligible for the competition as a singular art piece. Artists submitting diptych or triptych art who wish to submit a separate second piece of art, may only do so if the overall dimensions of the diptych or triptych combined with the separate second piece all fit within the allowed size limit dimensions of 36" x 48".
Acceptable Standing Easels:
Not Acceptable Standing Easels:
Acceptable Tabletop Easels
Not Acceptable Tabletop Easels:
* Subject to cancellation/postponement. In the event the Art Exhibition is canceled, Entry Fee will be refunded in full.
NOTE: W-9 required for awarding of cash prizes.
Questions: Call (949) 717-3802 or send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org