A BALBOA VILLAGE EMPLOYEE/BUSINESS PARKING PERMIT entitles a qualified and registered motor vehicle to occupy a SINGLE public parking space located in designated parking areas within Balboa Village Area Benefit District only during designated times, if space is available, without payment of parking fees.
PERMITS ARE STICKERLESS, NO DECAL WILL BE ISSUED. LICENSE PLATE IS REQUIRED ON VEHICLE. Your license plate will be your parking permit number. Stickerless permits may be purchased on the internet at: nb.getapermit.net or in person at Newport Beach Civic Center, 100 Civic Center Dr. Bay A, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday and between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Friday.Permits purchased online can be mailed or picked up at civic center. It is highly recommended that permits be purchased online for fastest service. Click here to download informational flyer for reference.
- Permits are available for 12 consecutive months or can be purchased seasonally.Seasonal permits are not transferable. Permits fees will not be prorated.
- The Balboa Village Employee/Business Parking Permit fees are as follows:
For Peak Season, May 1 through September 30: $25.00
For Off Peak Season, October 1 through April 30: $25.00
For full twelve months from purchase date: $50.00
- One (1) Employee/Business Parking Permit for each registered motor vehicle shall be issued for qualified employers or employees upon request, submittal of required information, and payment of applicable fees is required. Employers may apply for permits for themselves and each employee employed at their business located in the Balboa Village Area Benefit District. The following information must be presented to purchase permit: 1) Proof of employment within the Balboa Village Area District (see attached map A); 2) Valid California Driver’s License; 3) Proof of vehicle registration; 4) Vehicle license plate number.
- During the peak season, May 1st through September 30th, the designated parking area is the Balboa Blvd median between Medina Way and 8th St., (see attached map B). During posted street sweeping times only, the Balboa Pier parking lot will be the designated parking area. Vehicles must be moved after upon end of posted street sweeping times. If no spaces are available at this location, a permit holder will have to park where they legally can; however, the permit will not be valid for any public lots or other metered spaces.
- During the off peak season, October 1st through April 30th, the designated parking area is the Balboa Pier parking lot, (see attached map B). If no spaces are available in the Balboa Pier lot, a permit holder will have to park where they legally can; however, the permit will not be valid for any public lots or other metered spaces.
- Annual permits may be transferred from one qualified employer or employee to another up to three times per year.Seasonal permits are non-transferable. Permits are assigned to license plate.To transfer permit, please contact City staff immediately via email at email@example.com or by calling 949-644-3141.
- PARKING permit is not valid on a motor vehicle that is MORE THAN 84 inches in width and/or more than 84 inches in height and/or more than 20 feet in length.
- Some municipal parking spaces have a maximum length of 18 feet, which must be observed.
- Issuance of a permit does not allow violation of parking regulations.
- Permits do not establish any parking priority.Entry is prohibited when "LOT FULL" signs are posted at the Balboa Municipal Parking Lot.
NOTICE: LOCK YOUR VEHICLE AND SECURE ITS CONTENTS. As a material term in exchange for renting parking space, you agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the City of Newport Beach, its officials, officers, agents, representatives, volunteers, employees, contractors, commissions, committees, foundations, and other such persons or bodies (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability for claims, demands, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees and costs, that are caused by, arise out of, in connection with, or result from your rent of parking space, except to the extent of the Released Parties’ gross negligence or willful misconduct