The BALBOA MUNICIPAL LOT OVERNIGHT PARKING PERMIT entitles a motor vehicle, of 20 FEET OR LESS IN LENGTH, to occupy a single parking space in the BALBOA MUNICIPAL PARKING LOT, day and/or overnight, without paying a parking fee. Overnight parking is defined as being between the hours of 3:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.
Permits are valid from January 1 to December 31. Permits are issued to a vehicle and are not transferable.
The 2019 Overnight Permit fees are as follows. If purchased during:
January 1 through September 30: $254.00
October 1 through December 31: $ 63.50
Permits may be purchased on the internet at: nb.getapermit.net or in person at Newport Beach Civic Center, 100 Civic Center Dr. Bay A, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday and between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Friday.Permits purchased online can be mailed or picked up at civic center. It is highly recommended that permits be purchased online for fastest service.
• VEHICLES DISPLAYING PERMITS MAY REMAIN IN THE PARKING LOT UP TO FOURTEEN (14) CONSECUTIVE DAYS WITHOUT PAYMENT OF PARKING FEES. Thereafter, vehicles must be removed from the parking lot by midnight of the FOURTEENTH (14th) day. VEHICLES WHICH REMAIN IN THE PARKING LOT AFTER FOURTEEN (14) CONSECUTIVE DAYS ARE SUBJECT TO CITATION AND TOWING
• PERMIT DECALS MUST BE PROPERLY DISPLAYED TO BE VALID. PERMITS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AFFIXED TO THE LOWER RIGHT (PASSENGER) CORNER OF THE INSIDE OF THE FRONT WINDSHIELD. Vehicles may be subject to citation if the permit is not clearly visible or not permanently affixed. In order to affix the parking permit to the windshield: 1) Fold permit in the middle and peel off the backing; 2) Place the permit in the lower right (passenger) corner of the inside windshield; and 3) Press firmly to affix the permit to the windshield.
• Senior Discount: Persons 65 years of age or older may purchase one permit at half price for a vehicle registered to and driven by person requesting permit. The following information must be presented in order to purchase the half price permit: 1) Valid California Driver’s License; 2) Proof of vehicle registration; 3) Vehicle license plate number.
• Military Discount: Persons who have served or are serving in the United States military may purchase one permit at a 25% discount for a vehicle registered to and driven by person requesting permit. The following information must be presented in order to purchase the reduced price permit: 1) Valid California Driver’s License; 2) Proof of vehicle registration; 3) Vehicle license plate number; 4) Acceptable proof of military service.
• The City of Newport Beach does not assume responsibility for lost or stolen parking permits.
• Permits may be re-issued if a vehicle is sold, transferred or if the windshield is replaced. A $10.00 permit replacement fee is required along with, proof of purchase of the original permit, proof of sale or transfer of the vehicle, or proof of windshield replacement. The original permit must also be returned.
• PARKING PERMIT IS NOT VALID ON A MOTOR VEHICLE THAT IS 84 INCHES OR MORE IN WIDTH AND MORE THAN 84 INCHES IN HEIGHT OR MORE THAN 20 FEET IN LENGTH OR WITHOUT A WINDSHIELD.
• Issuance of a permit does not allow violation of parking regulations.
• Permits do not establish any parking priority. Entry is prohibited when "LOT FULL" signs are posted at the Balboa Municipal Parking Lot.