Boards, Commissions and Committees Current Agenda Packets
The City Council and most of the City's Boards, Commissions and Committees are subject to the Ralph M. Brown Act (Brown Act) - the law which guarantees the public's right to attend and participate in meetings.
Agendas, minutes, staff reports and information relative to the City's Boards, Commissions and Committees (BCC), are managed by various departments. To locate information about a City BCC, please view our complete BCC listing to contact the appropriate staff member.
You can submit your questions and comments in writing for City Council consideration by sending them to the City Clerk at email@example.com. To give the City Council adequate time to review your questions and comments, please submit your written comments by Monday, January 24, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. Correspondence received by this deadline will be uploaded to the agenda packet by January 24, 2022 at 5:30 p.m. and can be viewed here. Material received after the deadline and prior to 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 25, 2022, will be provided to the City Council in hard copy and will be available to the public at the meeting.
Highlights of the Brown Act (video)
Access complete City Council meeting documents, resolutions and ordinances using the City's specialized application, Laserfiche. Please note, users may want to access the help feature built into this application for assistance to make use of its search and viewing capabilities.
- Council Meeting Packets, Approved Minutes and Video, if available
- Council Resolutions
- Council Ordinances
- Contracts and Agreements
- Contracts and Agreements Approved within the Past 30 Days
Agenda Management SoftwareCity staff uses an agenda management software and implements an electronic process for posting all City meeting agendas and public notices.
Here are some quick tips for users:
- All items are listed in order of meeting date, including agendas for the City Council, all boards, commissions and committees, and public notices.
- To view specific meeting bodies, choose the appropriate legislative body in the dropdown menu next to the "Search" line.
- Choose "Agenda" to open the agenda which includes links to the available staff reports and attachments.
- Choose "Meeting Details" if you would like to see individual items or to view the City Council packet in it's entirety under Attachments at the top of the page.
- "Meeting Location" provides users with the address for the meeting.
If you have any suggestions, ideas or complaints, please email the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landscape and Art Lecture by Peter Walker
Presented by the City Arts Commission
- Date: 02/01/2011 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Location: Central Library
1000 Avocado Avenue
Newport Beach, California 92660
Meet the landscape architect who is designing the new Civic Center Park project and learn how art has influenced
his work and that of his firm.
The new Civic Center and Park is designed to integrate art with the natural features of the site. Discover how this landscape visionary shapes the aesthetics of a public environment rich in nature and art.
Peter Walker Partners has a worldwide practice designing projects ranging from sculpture gardens to new cities, and has collaborated with renowned architects such as Norman Foster, Arata Isozaki, Renzo Piano, and Bohlin, Cywinski, Jackson, the architects of the Newport Beach Civic Center.
For more information, call the Cultural Arts Office at 949-717-3870 or click here.