Boards, Commissions and Committees Current Agenda Packets
The City Council and most of the City's Boards, Commissions and Committees are subject to the Ralph M. Brown Act (Brown Act) - the law which guarantees the public's right to attend and participate in meetings.
Agendas, minutes, staff reports and information relative to the City's Boards, Commissions and Committees (BCC), are managed by various departments. To locate information about a City BCC, please view our complete BCC listing to contact the appropriate staff member.
You can submit your questions and comments in writing for City Council consideration by sending them to the City Clerk at email@example.com. To give the City Council adequate time to review your questions and comments, please submit your written comments by Monday, June 27, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. Correspondence received by this deadline will be uploaded to the agenda packet by June 27, 2022 at 5:30 p.m. and can be viewed here. Material received after the deadline and prior to 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 28, 2022, will be provided to the City Council in hard copy and will be available to the public at the meeting.
Highlights of the Brown Act (video)
Access complete City Council meeting documents, resolutions and ordinances using the City's specialized application, Laserfiche. Please note, users may want to access the help feature built into this application for assistance to make use of its search and viewing capabilities.
- Council Meeting Packets, Approved Minutes and Video, if available
- Council Resolutions
- Council Ordinances
- Contracts and Agreements
Agenda Management SoftwareCity staff uses an agenda management software and implements an electronic process for posting all City meeting agendas and public notices.
Here are some quick tips for users:
- All items are listed in order of meeting date, including agendas for the City Council, all boards, commissions and committees, and public notices.
- To view specific meeting bodies, choose the appropriate legislative body in the dropdown menu next to the "Search" line.
- Choose "Agenda" to open the agenda which includes links to the available staff reports and attachments.
- Choose "Meeting Details" if you would like to see individual items or to view the City Council packet in it's entirety under Attachments at the top of the page.
- "Meeting Location" provides users with the address for the meeting.
If you have any suggestions, ideas or complaints, please email the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of Title 17 Harbor Code
- Date: 06/24/2019 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: Marina Park
1600 W. Balboa Blvd
Newport Beach, California 92663
The Harbor Commission Ad-Hoc Committee seeks public input on revisions to the City's Municipal Code, Title 17 Harbor Code. The Committee is holding a series of meetings to thoroughly review Title 17. During the May 13 and June 24 meetings, the following sections will be reviewed:
- 17.40 Live-Aboard
- 17.45 Sanitation
- 17.50 Harbor Development Permits
- 17.55 Dredging Permits
- 17.60 Mooring Extensions - Proposed New Section
- 17.65 Appeals
- 17.70 Enforcement
A working draft of potential revisions to these sections of Title 17 will be available for viewing in red-line format in advance of the meetings. Please note: These are preliminary revisions and do not represent recommendations of the Harbor Commission. Your feedback, comments, and suggestions are invited and encouraged.