Boards, Commissions and Committees Current Agenda Packets
The City Council and most of the City's Boards, Commissions and Committees are subject to the Ralph M. Brown Act (Brown Act) - the law which guarantees the public's right to attend and participate in meetings.
Agendas, minutes, staff reports and information relative to the City's Boards, Commissions and Committees (BCC), are managed by various departments. To locate information about a City BCC, please view our complete BCC listing to contact the appropriate staff member.
You can submit your questions and comments in writing for City Council consideration by sending them to the City Clerk at email@example.com. To give the City Council adequate time to review your questions and comments, please submit your written comments by Monday, October 11, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. Correspondence received by this deadline will be uploaded to the agenda packet by October 11, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. and can be viewed here. Material received after the deadline and prior to 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 12, 2021, will be provided to the City Council in hard copy and will be available to the public at the meeting.
Highlights of the Brown Act (video)
Access complete City Council meeting documents, resolutions and ordinances using the City's specialized application, Laserfiche. Please note, users may want to access the help feature built into this application for assistance to make use of its search and viewing capabilities.
- Council Meeting Packets, Approved Minutes and Video, if available
- Council Resolutions
- Council Ordinances
- Contracts and Agreements
- Contracts and Agreements Approved within the Past 30 Days
Agenda Management SoftwareCity staff uses an agenda management software and implements an electronic process for posting all City meeting agendas and public notices.
Here are some quick tips for users:
- All items are listed in order of meeting date, including agendas for the City Council, all boards, commissions and committees, and public notices.
- To view specific meeting bodies, choose the appropriate legislative body in the dropdown menu next to the "Search" line.
- Choose "Agenda" to open the agenda which includes links to the available staff reports and attachments.
- Choose "Meeting Details" if you would like to see individual items or to view the City Council packet in it's entirety under Attachments at the top of the page.
- "Meeting Location" provides users with the address for the meeting.
If you have any suggestions, ideas or complaints, please email the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harbor Commission Meeting
- Date: 05/12/2021 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Location: City Council Chambers
100 Civic Center Drive
Newport Beach, California 92660
SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19
On March 4, 2020, Governor Newsom proclaimed a State of Emergency in California as a result of the threat of COVID-19. On
March 12, 2020, Governor Newsom issued Executive Order N-25-20, which allows Harbor Commission members to attend Harbor Commission meetings telephonically. Please be advised that to minimize the spread of COVID-19, some, or all, of the Newport Beach Harbor commission Members may attend this meeting telephonically.
Also, please be advised that on March 17, 2020, Governor Newsom issued Executive Order N-29-20, which allows for the public to participate in any meeting of the Harbor Commission telephonically or by other electronic means. As a member of the public, if you would like to participate in this meeting, you can participate via the following options:
1. You can submit your questions and comments in writing for Harbor Commission consideration by sending them to Carol Jacobs at email@example.com. To give the Harbor Commission adequate time to review your questions and comments, please submit your written comments by Tuesday, May 11, 2021, at 5 p.m.
2. You can attend and participate in the meeting by going to the City Council Chambers located at 100 Civic Center Drive and you can address the Harbor Commission. Face masks are required and social distancing requirements will be adhered to.
3. You can connect with a computer by joining through Zoom. Click the link below to register for the meeting using a valid email address. You will receive a confirmation email allowing you to join the meeting.
If Zoom is not already installed on your computer, click “Download & Run Zoom” on the launch page and press “Run” when prompted by your browser. If Zoom has previously been installed on your computer, please allow a few moments for the application to launch automatically.
Select “Join Audio via Computer.”
The virtual conference room will open. If you receive a message reading, “Please wait for the host to start this meeting,” remain in the room until the meeting begins.
During Public Comments, use the “raise hand” function located in the participants’ window and wait for City staff to announce your name and unmute your line when it is your turn to speak. Comments are limited to 3 minutes, or as otherwise directed.
4. Or you may connect by Phone/Audio Only by calling: 1-669-900-9128. The meeting ID is 979 4531 9553 #. During Public Comments, press *9 to add yourself to the queue and wait for City staff to announce your name/phone number and press *6 to unmute your line when it is your turn to speak. Comments are limited to 3 minutes, or as otherwise directed.
Please know that it is important for the City to allow public participation at this meeting. If you are unable to participate in the meeting via the process set forth above, please contact Carol Jacobs at (949-644-3313 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and she will attempt to accommodate you. While the City does not expect there to be any changes to the above process for participating in this meeting, if there is a change, the City will post the information as soon as possible to the City’s website.
The City of Newport Beach thanks you in advance for continuing to take precautions to prevent the spread of the
NOTICE REGARDING PRESENTATIONS REQUIRING USE OF CITY EQUIPMENT
Any presentation requiring the use of the City of Newport Beach’s equipment must be submitted to Carol Jacobs
24 hours prior to the scheduled Harbor Commission meeting.
If in the future, you wish to challenge in court any of the matters on this agenda for which a public hearing is to be conducted, you may be limited to raising only those issues which you (or someone else) raised orally at the public hearing or in written correspondence received by the City at or before the hearing.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
Any times listed in this agenda are provided as a courtesy and the actual item may be heard either before or after the time given.
The City of Newport Beach’s goal is to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, we will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact Assistant City Manager Carol Jacobs prior to the meeting to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible (949-644-3313 or email@example.com).