Boards, Commissions and Committees Current Agenda Packets
The City Council and most of the City's Boards, Commissions and Committees are subject to the Ralph M. Brown Act (Brown Act) - the law which guarantees the public's right to attend and participate in meetings.
Agendas, minutes, staff reports and information relative to the City's Boards, Commissions and Committees (BCC), are managed by various departments. To locate information about a City BCC, please view our complete BCC listing to contact the appropriate staff member.
You can submit your questions and comments in writing for City Council consideration by sending them to the City Clerk at email@example.com. To give the City Council adequate time to review your questions and comments, please submit your written comments by Monday, November 29, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. Correspondence received by this deadline will be uploaded to the agenda packet by November 29, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. and can be viewed here. Material received after the deadline and prior to 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 30, 2021, will be provided to the City Council in hard copy and will be available to the public at the meeting.
Highlights of the Brown Act (video)
Access complete City Council meeting documents, resolutions and ordinances using the City's specialized application, Laserfiche. Please note, users may want to access the help feature built into this application for assistance to make use of its search and viewing capabilities.
- Council Meeting Packets, Approved Minutes and Video, if available
- Council Resolutions
- Council Ordinances
- Contracts and Agreements
- Contracts and Agreements Approved within the Past 30 Days
Agenda Management SoftwareCity staff uses an agenda management software and implements an electronic process for posting all City meeting agendas and public notices.
Here are some quick tips for users:
- All items are listed in order of meeting date, including agendas for the City Council, all boards, commissions and committees, and public notices.
- To view specific meeting bodies, choose the appropriate legislative body in the dropdown menu next to the "Search" line.
- Choose "Agenda" to open the agenda which includes links to the available staff reports and attachments.
- Choose "Meeting Details" if you would like to see individual items or to view the City Council packet in it's entirety under Attachments at the top of the page.
- "Meeting Location" provides users with the address for the meeting.
If you have any suggestions, ideas or complaints, please email the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harbor Commission Meeting
- Date: 01/13/2021 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Location: Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ElRIg2nIRlWH0mC3Blt2GQ
SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19
On March 4, 2020, Governor Newsom proclaimed a State of Emergency in California as a result of the threat of COVID-19. On March 12, 2020, Governor Newsom issued Executive Order N-25-20, which allows Harbor Commission Members to attend Harbor Commission meetings by electronic means. Please be advised that to minimize the spread of COVID-19, Harbor Commission Members may attend this meeting either electronically or telephonically.
Also, please be advised that on March 17, 2020, Governor Newsom issued Executive Order N-29-20, which allows for the public to participate in any meeting of the Harbor Commission telephonically or by other electronic means. Given the health risks associated with COVID-19, the City of Newport Beach will conduct this meeting via Zoom. As a member of the public, if you would like to participate in this meeting, you can participate via the following options:
1. You can submit your questions and comments in writhing for the Harbor Commission's consideration by sending them to Carol Jacobs, Assistant City Manager, at email@example.com. To give the Harbor Commission adequate time to review your questions and comments, please submit your written comments by Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 5 p.m. All emails will be made part of the record.
2. You can connect with a computer by joining through Zoom. Use the link below to register for the meeting using a valid email address. You will receive a confirmation email allowing you to join the meeting: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ElRIg2nIRlWH0mC3Blt2GQ
3. Or you may connect by Phone/Audio Only by calling: 669-900-9128. The meeting ID is 926 1854 1171#
Please know that it is important for the City to allow public participation at this meeting. While the City does not expect there to be any changes to the above process for participating in this meeting, if there is a change, the City will post the information as soon as possible to the City’s website.